On the night of Oct. 29, 2022, 159 young lives were lost in a packed alley in Itaewon, Seoul.
The book "We Are in Itaewon Now," (a literal translation of the Korean title) (Changbi Publishers), released ahead of the first anniversary of the tragedy, is the first published collection of interviews of the survivors and the bereaved families.
"I trust ordinary people. If they are given the right information and the facts, even those who cursed and criticized (the victims) will change their views ..." said one survivor in the book.
- Hanwha Ocean developing submarine stealth technology
- Russian delegation arrives in Pyongyang for trade, science talks: KCNA
- US set to deploy B
- Helicopter parent's questions spark debate online
- Jeju's autonomy is model for Western Sahara: Morocco
- Samsung Bioepis to develop MSD's Keytruda biosimilar
- Shanghai art scene puts on fair show while struggling to recover from pandemic
- Seoul subway to hold second strike Nov. 22